Let’s start the last quarter of the year with an update on the play-and-earn NFT game, Crabada, and a round up of the news that shaped Web3’s landscape this October.
In three months, 2022 will come to an end and as we start the last quarter of the year, let us look back at some of the news that made the month of October thrilling. We will also find out the latest with the play-and-earn NFT game, Crabada.
What Is Crabada?
Crabada is an exciting idle play-and-earn NFT game set under the sea. It’s an entirely different world filled with fierce fighting hermit crabs, which are actually NFTs. The exact setting of the game is the prosperous ancient Kingdom of Crabada, and here, players can earn rewards through mining, looting, breeding, battling, exploring, crafting, and more.
Since Crabada is an idle game, players may opt to play it anytime and anywhere they want without disrupting the normal flow of their everyday lives. Aside from being pleasantly enjoyable and the entertainment value it offers, an upside of playing Crabada is the financial value it brings. It features a unique player-versus-player (PvP) infused idle gameplay that revolutionizes play-and-earn games.
As already mentioned, the crabs are the NFTs in this game. Each crab has metadata like stat points, breed count, class type, etc. Since the Crabadas are NFTs, an owner can breed, sell, trade, or do whatever he wants with it. It works like Pokemon, where different class types have weaknesses over other class types.
Recently, Crabada received an update to its gameplay. Specifically, it was a Battle Game v1.1.0 Update, where some game mechanics were changed. Crabada’s v1.1.0 update includes the following:
- Changes to mining and looting mechanics:
- Special Mining Zone limits were removed
- Mining and looting durations were reduced by 50%
- Mining and looting now consume the same amount of energy
- Implementation of Special Mining Zone level caps
- Revisions to mining and looting rewards:
In v1.1.0, miners and looters will receive the same rewards, with each mine/loot reward comprised of the following:
- Material chest
- Guardian’s bounty (specifically for the winner of the battle)
- Crystal shells (daily bonus)
- Player XP
- More epic battles:
In v1.1.0 of the Battle Game, Battle Formulas were significantly improved with added dimensions that take into consideration the Crabada’s skills, effects, and advantages in calculations.
- Improved formulas for damage calculation
- Sudden death mechanic
- The Evolution of Crabada:
Since the game’s introduction in 2021, the Crabadas have achieved greater mastery of their powers through rigorous mining and training, meriting the following:
- Balance updates to pincer skill and eye effects
- Revision to the cost of leveling up Crabada
- New Quality-of-Life (QOL) Features:
The latest v1.1.0 update will include the implementation of new QOL features
- Claim All
- Repeat Mining
- Quick Loot
- Rewards Inbox
- Introduction to equipment and crafting:
- Part 1—Equipment Stats, Hidden Stats, and Set Effects
- Part 2—Forging, Powering-Up Equipment, and Equipment Repairs
- Introduction of new currencies:
New currencies will be introduced in Battle Game v1.1.0, with each currency having its own specific purposes.
- Gold Under Sea
Are you excited to experience these updates to Crabada? Head over to Crabada’s website, learn about the game and download it to experience the best it offers.
- Solana released a playable demo on Epic Games for the Star Atlas NFT game.
- A deep dive into Avalanche’s popular on-chain game, Chikn.
- One of Animoca Brands’ investees, Thirdverse Group, collaborates with BLOCKSMITH&Co. to release a new Web3 game, Captain Tsubasa Rivals.
- The first look for RTFKT’s IRL Cryptokicks was leaked online.
- Gary Vaynerchuk’s VeeFriends NFTs collaborates with Macy’s and Toys “R” Us for IRL plush and vinyl character collectibles.
- Beeple announces he is building an IRL studio where NFTs can come to life.
- Azuki announced the implementation of the Physical Backed Token (PBT).
- Warner Bros. Home Entertainment collaborates with blockchain company Eluvio to launch “The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring” (Extended Version) Web3 Movie Experience, complete with the Fellowship of the Ring NFT.
- Azuki announced the winners of its Golden Skateboard auction, where winners get to win gold-plated skateboards tied to NFTs.
Everywhere Else on the Metaverse:
- The United States Patent and Trademark Office approves the trademark registrations of Formula One’s “F1” acronym and the boxing legend’s name, “Muhammad Ali.”
- OpenSea finally adds support for Avalanche NFTs.
- NFT marketplaces cry foul over Apple’s sales commission for NFTs purchased from its marketplace.
October certainly was a packed month for NFTs and Web3 in general. Let’s wait and see if November can hold a candle to it and if the industry will finally see a crawl back to the bull market.
Check out other Research!
Get to know more about NFT and tutorials at OmniMint. For more information on OmniMint, and details on how to join our community, please follow our Twitter, or subscribe to our Telegram channel for more updates and please feel free to submit your article.